We know your wellbeing depends not only on medical care, but the help and support you receive throughout your treatment. We have dedicated staff to support you and links with patient groups who can also help.
Support in difficult circumstances: PALS
Our Patient Advice and Liaison Service is here to provide support, assistance and advice to patients, families and carers. They can help you if you are having difficulties, need translation services or want to complain about your treatment.
Patient and family experience and involvement
Support from independent groups
Sometimes our patients need help and advice from people who have already experienced what they are going through. We have strong links with independent support groups that can offer you help beyond your medical treatment.
Free guest wifi service
We offer a free guest wifi service for use by our patients and their families and carers.
We have some accommodation available to relatives or visitors close to both hospitals. The demand for our visitor accommodation is high, so we ask that you make a reservation through the accommodation office. For more information, see our visitor accommodation pages for Royal Brompton and Harefield Hospital.
Reimbursement of travel expenses
The cost of travel to attend hospital can be reimbursed if a patient receives one or more eligible benefits. Please download our guide below to check your eligibilty and for information on how to request reimbursement.
Cashier's office at Royal Brompton Hospital
- Please leave the appropriate paperwork in the dropbox outside the cashier's office when the office is closed and the cashier will deal with it on their return
- Claims can be submitted via email, dropbox or to the cashier when the office is open
- Please note that there will be no cash payments available when the office is closed but rather via bank transfers
- Please provide your bank details, and contact number for any further queries
- Travel reimbursement form completed by the ward, clinic, or department.
- Travel tickets or information about how you travelled (no receipt)
- Benefit letter which should be dated within twelve months of the appointment.
Opening times and contact details
The Royal Brompton Hospital cashier's office can be found on Level 2, Sydney Street. If you are unsure where to go, go to main reception and they will be happy to direct you.
Opening times: Monday - Thursday, 10am - 1pm and 2pm - 4pm
Cashier's on-site days are Monday to Thursday
The cashier, Mina Joshi, can be contacted on:
Tel: 0330 128 8438 or 0207 352 8121 ext 2022.
Mobile No. 07790375394 or via