Become a member of our Trust
Help shape the future of heart and lung care
Our members are at the heart of our organisation. Together with our governors, they inform how our Trust develops and services are shaped to ensure that we provide the best patient care across our hospitals.
We want people who are interested in the Trust and what we do to become actively involved in our plans.
Who can join
- Patients, their families and/or carers
- Trust staff
- The general public
Members must be aged 18 or over and resident in the UK.
On 1 February 2021, Royal Brompton and Harefield hospitals became part of Guy’s and St Thomas’ NHS Foundation Trust. By becoming a member you will be able to influence how we improve and shape our heart and lung services as part of the enlarged Trust. You will also have access to a range of opportunities to get involved and keep up to date with what is happening across the hospitals.
Membership is free to join and you can get involved as much or as little as you choose.
When you join we will recognise the origin of your membership and tailor its benefits to focus primarily on heart and lung care and the activities, events and opportunities at Royal Brompton and Harefield hospitals. You will also have access to the general benefits.
Benefits for members with an interest in heart and lung care:
- Receive Connect, our monthly newsletter for members with an interest in heart and lung care
- Attend member events with a focus on health issues relating to heart and lung care, including your wellbeing
- Influence service developments by providing feedback on existing hospital services and future priorities
- Become involved in Royal Brompton and Harefield hospitals’ patient and public activities.
General Trust benefits:
- Vote in the Council of Governors elections or stand as a governor
- Attend our Members’ Annual Meeting
- Receive e-Gist, the Trust’s monthly newsletter providing a key round up of developments across all our hospitals
- Receive discounts on a broad range of products and services through Health Services Discounts.
How to join
Membership is completely free and registration is easy. Complete this online application form to join today.
Our events programme is designed to meet the interests of our heart and lung care patients. Hear from experts on timely topics related to heart and lung disease, keep up to date with the latest news and developments from Royal Brompton and Harefield hospitals, and join discussions on health and wellbeing. Find out more about upcoming and past events.
Connect, the monthly newsletter for members with an interest in heart and lung care, brings you the latest developments at Royal Brompton and Harefield hospitals.
You can read the latest and previous editions here.
e-GIST, the monthly newsletter for members provides a key round up of developments from all the Trust’s hospitals. To receive your monthly copy by email please click here.
Click here to view our strategy for members with an interest in heart and lung care.
Please contact Nancy Dickinson at email@example.com if you have a question about how to become a member or about your existing membership.
Please note that by joining as a member of Guy's and St Thomas' NHS Foundation Trust, the personal data you provide will be processed for membership purposes and service evaluation, and in accordance with these legitimate interests under the General Data Protection Regulation. The details you supply will be held on a secure database and will also be securely shared with relevant third parties, for example, for governor elections.
At any point you may cancel your membership by contacting the membership manager at firstname.lastname@example.org.