- Ask 3 Questions – Shared Decision Making
- EasyHealth - Health information with simple words, clear pictures and films
- Good Thinking UK - tools and resources to help yourself and others to feel better
- Health A-Z - conditions and treatments explained
- Health on the Net - transparent and reliable health information online
- Lab tests online UK - a site helping you to understand the clinical laboratory tests used to diagnose, monitor and treat diseases
- Medicines A-Z - find out how your medicine works
- Medline Plus – the United States national health website for patients and their families and friends
- Medscape – the latest medical news, expert perspectives, clinical trial coverage, drug updates, journal articles and more
- MSD Manual – one of the United States providers of current medical information accessible to health care professionals and patients on every continent
- Net Doctor - one of the UK's leading independent health websites
- NHS health service finder - find NHS services local to you
- NHS guide to social care and support
- NHS website - helping you take control of your health and wellbeing
- Patient - health information, medicines, clinical trials, discussion forums, symptom checker
Databases and journals
Toolkits and resources
- Dementia Roadmap - information about the dementia journey alongside local information about services, support groups and care pathways
- Drink Aware - offers a range of online tools can help you understand your drinking, track your drinks and change your habits
- London asthma toolkit - resources and information for parents and carers of children and young people with asthma in London
- MindEd - is a free, educational resource about children, young people and older people’s mental health, aimed at all parents and carers
- Mood Zone - practical information, interactive tools and videos from the NHS to help you look after your mental health and avoid common problems like depression, anxiety and stress
- My Health London: health and well-being - learn about your health and well-being and the NHS services in London that can help you
- My Health London: self-care - how to keep fit and healthy, take medicines appropriately, manage self-treatable conditions, and when to seek appropriate clinical help
- Protect against STIs - resources to empower individuals to take charge of their sexual health and wellbeing
- Recovery College Online - providing a range of online educational courses and resources to people who might be struggling with mental health issues, families, friends, mental health workers and anyone else who might be interested.
- SH:24 - free and confidential STI testing that you can access 24-hours a day, testing for chlamydia, gonorrhoea, syphilis and HIV
- Talk to FRANK - a national drug education service intended to reduce the use of both legal and illegal drugs by educating teenagers and adolescents about the potential effects of drugs
- Therapy Directory - a directory of health conditions which work well alongside therapy. You should consult your GP / health professional for advice before starting any alternative or additional therapies or treatments.
Lifestyle – fitness and nutrition
- Better Health NHS - tools to lose weight, get active, quit smoking, and lift your mood.
- Change4Life Activities - children need to be active for 60 minutes a day. From fun, shake-up games to information about active hobbies and sports, here's everything you need to get your family moving. Change4Life also provide simple, tasty and family-friendly recipes, and food fact information which explains what's really in the food your family eats
- NHS Fitness Studio - 24 instructor-led videos in aerobics, strength and resistance, belly dancing, pilates and yoga, as well as exercises suitable for people with limited mobility
- NHS Health Check - health and fitness trackers
- The NHS weight loss plan - a free 12-week diet and exercise plan
- Strength and flexibility podcasts - a five-week exercise plan for beginners
- Healthtalk - provides young people and adults with reliable information about health issues, sharing people's real-life experiences
- HealthUnlocked communities - ask questions, get answers, advice and support from hundreds of condition and wellness communities, from organisations you know and trust
- One You - helps you to get back to a healthier you by supporting you to make simple changes towards a longer and happier life. It includes tools, support and encouragement to help improve your health
- Patient Community - a forum and chatroom covering medical conditions and medicines.
Visit www.learnmyway.com for tips on how to become a more confident internet user. If you would like help with getting online, click here to access useful resources to get you started.
Learn about how to keep yourself and others safe online, and protect your privacy on your devices.