- NHS website - helping you take control of your health and wellbeing
- Health A-Z - conditions and treatments explained
- Medicines A-Z - find out how your medicine works
- Lab tests online UK - a site helping you to understand the clinical laboratory tests used to diagnose, monitor and treat diseases
- Patient - health information, medicines, clinical trials, discussion forums, symptom checker
- NHS health service finder - find NHS services local to you
- NHS guide to social care and support
- Good Thinking UK - tools and resources to help yourself and others to feel better
- Behind the Headlines - a guide to the science that makes the news.
- NHS apps library - is a digital tool to help you manage and improve your health. Maintained by NHS Digital
- NHS Go - a confidential health advice and information service app for 16-25 year olds. Maintained by Healthy London Partnership – an initiative of Lewisham CCG
- My Health Apps - the world’s favourite healthcare apps, tried and tested by people like you. Maintained by Patient View
- GP at hand - NHS GP services on your mobile phone. Your current GP surgery may offer this service too. Find out more
- Drinkaware - track your alcohol consumption and spend over time, calculate units and calories and set goals to help you moderate your drinking
- Drink Free days - choose your Drink Free Days and get reminders, support and practical advice to change your drinking habits for good.
Toolkits and resources
- Talk to FRANK - a national drug education service intended to reduce the use of both legal and illegal drugs by educating teenagers and adolescents about the potential effects of drugs
- Protect against STIs - resources to empower individuals to take charge of their sexual health and wellbeing
- SH:24 - free and confidential STI testing that you can access 24-hours a day, testing for chlamydia, gonorrhoea, syphilis and HIV
- Drink Aware - offers a range of online tools can help you understand your drinking, track your drinks and change your habits
- London asthma toolkit - resources and information for parents and carers of children and young people with asthma in London
- MindEd - is a free, educational resource about children, young people and older people’s mental health, aimed at all parents and carers
- Mood Zone - practical information, interactive tools and videos from the NHS to help you look after your mental health and avoid common problems like depression, anxiety and stress
- My Health London: self-care - how to keep fit and healthy, take medicines appropriately, manage self-treatable conditions, and when to seek appropriate clinical help
- My Health London: health and well-being - learn about your health and well-being and the NHS services in London that can help you
- Therapy Directory - a directory of health conditions which work well alongside therapy. You should consult your GP / health professional for advice before starting any alternative or additional therapies or treatments.
Lifestyle – fitness and nutrition
- NHS Fitness Studio - 24 instructor-led videos in aerobics, strength and resistance, belly dancing, pilates and yoga, as well as exercises suitable for people with limited mobility
- Strength and flexibility podcasts - a five-week exercise plan for beginners
- Change4Life Activities - children need to be active for 60 minutes a day. From fun, shake-up games to information about active hobbies and sports, here's everything you need to get your family moving. Change4Life also provide simple, tasty and family-friendly recipes, and food fact information which explains what's really in the food your family eats
- NHS Health Check - health and fitness trackers
- The NHS weight loss plan - a free 12-week diet and exercise plan
- Better Health NHS - tools to lose weight, get active, quit smoking, and lift your mood.
- HealthUnlocked communities - ask questions, get answers, advice and support from hundreds of condition and wellness communities, from organisations you know and trust
- Healthtalk - provides young people and adults with reliable information about health issues, sharing people's real-life experiences
- One You - helps you to get back to a healthier you by supporting you to make simple changes towards a longer and happier life. It includes tools, support and encouragement to help improve your health
- Patient Community - a forum and chatroom covering medical conditions and medicines.
- Self-care resources to support person-centred care - for unpaid carers, patients and citizens
- The Money Advice Service - free and impartial money advice set up by the government's website. Find out about support available to carers and how to manage the money of someone you're caring for
- Skills for Care - resources for carers
- Carers UK - advice, information and support for carers.
- About the NHS - how the NHS works, how it has changed over time and how you can help improve it
- Healthy London Partnership – working to improve Londoners’ health and wellbeing
- London Councils: health and adult services - responsible for London Councils’ policy work on health, public health, adult social care and health and social care integration
- Public Health England - working to protect and improve the nation's health and wellbeing, and reduce health inequalities
- Department of Health.
Learn about about how to keep yourself and others safe online.