Become a member of our Trust and help shape the future of heart and lung care
Membership is free and easy to join
Our members help shape the future of the care we provide to patients and we count on them to help us improve what we do. As an NHS Foundation Trust, our hospitals are overseen by a Board of Directors, Council of Governors and members made up of patients, public and Trust staff. The Council of Governor represents the views and interests of members to ensure they have a say in how the Trust and its services run.
By listening to the needs and experiences of our members we are better equipped with the knowledge to not only serve our patients better, but our members, too, and deliver some of the best healthcare in the world.
Who can join
- Patients, their families and/or carers
- Trust staff
- The general public
Please note: Members must be aged 18 or over and resident in the UK.
While we encourage our members to be actively engaged in the work of the Trust, how much you get involved is entirely your choice.
As a member, you can:
- elect governors or stand for election to the Council of Governors and help shape future policy
- influence service development by providing feedback on existing Trust services as well as future priorities
- be involved in patient and public involvement activities
- attend our Members’ Annual Meeting, and other member only events and talks by our specialists
- stay informed through our monthly digital newsletter
- receive discounts on a broad range of products and services through Health Services Discounts.
How to join
Membership is completely free and registration is easy.
You can join:
If you have any questions about membership or the registration process, please telephone 020 7352 8121 and ask to speak to the membership team.
Events for members
We seek to run a variety of member events, both virtual and in person. The programme will cover:
- Health Intelligence - consultant led seminars on clinical topics
- Trust Briefings - updates on the latest news and developments at the Trust
- Wellbeing Matters - expert led discussions on how to look after your wellbeing
To view upcoming and past events please click here.
Connect: our digital newsletter for members
Connect, our monthly newsletter for members, brings you up to date with the latest developments at the Trust. Read about what we are doing to improve patient care across our services, charity news, upcoming member events, and ways you can get involved.
Please note that by joining as a member of The Royal Brompton and Harefield NHS Foundation Trust, the personal data you provide will be processed for membership purposes and service evaluation, and in accordance with these legitimate interests under the General Data Protection Regulation. The details you supply will be held on a secure database and will also be securely shared with relevant third parties, for example, for governor elections.
At any point you may cancel your membership by contacting the membership manager at firstname.lastname@example.org.