At Royal Brompton & Harefield NHS Foundation Trust, we are committed to understanding and improving the experiences of all those who use our services.
We receive feedback from patients and families through:
- national surveys eg inpatient, outpatient and paediatric
- friends and family test
- patient and family open days
- focus groups and divisional workshops
- experience based co-design workshops working with patients, families and staff and
- patient and family stories.
Ways to get involved
There are a number of ways for patients and the public to get involved in Trust activities:
- Become a member of our foundation trust. Visit our members' section of the website for more information.
- Join the Patient & Engagement Group which meets quarterly to review and promote our work with, by and for patients.
- Participate via a patient panel. Patient panels are made up of small groups of patients and relatives who share their views and experiences of using our services to help us to improve services for patients and families.
- You can share your individual experience through taking part in surveys, telling your story, meeting with PALS and joining public consultations.
- You can become a patient or public representative and act as a voice for others on trust committees.
- The Trust has an active arts programme designed to improve the well-being of patients, staff and the diverse communities we serve. Find out more about rb&hArts.
The Trust's Patient & Public Engagement work is under review and a new, patient-led strategy will be published in Autumn 2019.
Give us feedback
We would love to hear from you about your experiences at Royal Brompton and Harefield hospitals. Please complete the short survey.
We participate in the NHS survey programme - the inpatient survey each year and the outpatient survey every two years. You can download the full reports of our results below.
Picker Institute Europe carries out both surveys on behalf of our Trust. They may contact you to complete a survey and we encourage you to do so because we value feedback from all our patients - it helps us to do our jobs better.
High levels of patient satisfaction
Over the 2018 and 2019 period, Royal Brompton & Harefield NHS Foundation Trust has received high levels of patient satisfaction through feedback surveys. Some results include:
- 96 percent recommendation rate (FFT)
- 90 percent of our patients had "a good experience" (AIPS, 2018)
- 91 percent of parents/carers felt their child's overall patient experience was good (CYPS 2018).
The inpatient survey asks patients about their experience of services such as:
- admission to hospital
- the hospital and ward
- your care and treatment
- operations and procedures
- leaving hospital
- overall experience.
You can read the 2018 adult inpatient survey summary report here.
You can also read more about the Trust's policies and performance.
From April 2013, local HealthWatch replaced the local involvement networks (LINks) as the new consumer champion for both health and social care.
The Health and Social Care Act 2012 sets out two distinct bodies: local Healthwatch, at a local level, and Healthwatch England, at a national level.
Healthwatch England was established in October 2012. It is a national body that enables the collective views of the people who use NHS and social care services to influence national policy, advice and guidance. It provides leadership, guidance and support to local Healthwatch organisations.
The aim of local Healthwatch is to give citizens and communities a stronger voice in influencing and challenging how health and social care services are provided in their areas.
Local Healthwatch organisations will ensure that views and feedback from people who use services are an integral part of local commissioning across health and social care.
One of the key differences between LINk and local Healthwatch is that they will help people find services.
If you need any further information, have any questions about feedback surveys or if would like to share your experience with us, please contact:
Patient and public engagement team:
- Tel: 020 7352 8121 ext 84740
- Email: email@example.com
- Lauren Berry, PPE interim lead
- Karen Taylor, PPE interim programme manager, via email or phone: 020 7352 8121 ext 84087.
Royal Brompton & Harefield NHS Foundation Trust