The Trust is a leading organisation with an international reputation. You will join a highly motivated and committed group of people in an organisation that wants to constantly develop its talent.
Because the Trust specialises in heart and lung diseases, members of our staff have moved to our hospitals from throughout Europe and around the world to further their specialist skills.
Why work for us?
Our staff are among the most likely in the NHS to recommend the trust they work for, both for its clinical care and as an employer.
The Trust received 4.22 from a possible 5 in a recent NHS staff survey question which asked staff if they would recommend their workplace.
This figure is among the highest of all trusts in the NHS. The national average for acute trusts is 3.76.
And besides that, the national NHS staff survey showed that staff said they would recommend Royal Brompton or Harefield Hospital to their own friends and family if they needed treatment.
In other words, the staff who work here love it and they believe in what they do.
Our nursing teams strive to give patients and everyone we support the best quality of care and treatment. Our nurses are expected to uphold the essentials of nursing care:
Clinical and professional development for nurses
The Trust actively supports the professional and clinical development of its nursing staff by offering a wide range of in-house learning opportunities.
We run study day programmes and ward-based teaching sessions – practice educators are pivotal in supporting both experienced and less-experienced nurses.
We also support our nursing staff to continue their professional development through studying post-registration courses at higher education institutions across London, including:
- Kings College London
- Bucks New University
- London South Bank
- Kingston University.
In addition, we also offer long course funding to support our nurses in obtaining BSc and MSc qualifications.
Accommodation for nurses
There are different types of accommodation available for nurses at the Trust.
When you join us, we are able to offer six months’ accommodation to help you settle into your new job.
After this, we can provide support to help you find alternative accommodation.
Staff benefits for nurses
Our two locations, at Royal Brompton Hospital in the heart of London and in the quiet town of Harefield, offer the best of both worlds in terms of atmosphere and lifestyle.
- interest-free travel loan
- subsidised hospital accommodation
- starter home initiative: the initiative’s aim is to provide an opportunity for NHS employees to buy their own homes in areas where property prices are high; it provides either an interest-free loan, equity loan or shared ownership loan
- £1000 loan for staff who chose to move out of Trust accommodation
- subsidised meals at on-site restaurants
- subsidised day nurseries for children aged up to five years
- generous pension scheme – to enhance your own contribution (ranging from five to 13.5 percent), the employer also contributes 14.3 percent
- flexible working including self-rostering, part-time, term-time, annualised hours, job share and career breaks
- staff library: Royal Brompton has library facilities housing 300 primary clinical and research medical journals and providing an audiovisual service; this is available in the National Heart and Lung Institute adjacent to Royal Brompton Hospital - membership offers access to the Imperial College Library nearby at Chelsea Harefield: on-site library forming part of the Mount Vernon network; this offers a range of heart and lung material and access to a wider network - excellent online research facilities are in place with internet access
- occupational health: we will give you a checkup when you join us, and you can also take advantage of counselling, stress management, relaxation classes, therapeutic massage, osteopathy and holiday vaccination services should you need them.
Current nursing vacancies
Find out more about our current vacancies.
Contact the nurse recruitment team
Find out more about how to contact the nurse recruitment team.
Fraud and staff recruitment outside the UK
We are aware that a number of fraudulent job offers have been made recently, mainly to nurses and medical professionals in the Philippines, but also in some other overseas recruitment areas. We are working hard to resolve this matter but if for any reason you have concerns about the legitimacy of a job advertisement or job offer, please contact the nurse recruitment department on +44 (0)207 352 8121.