Our Outpatient Portal allows patients to view their appoinment information, as well as request to change their appointment date and time if they need to. You can access the Outpatient Portal using your smartphone, tablet or computer.
Benefits of the Outpatient Portal
- you can view your appointment details instantly as there's no need to wait for them to arrive by post
- the portal updates in real-time, meaning that if you change your appointment, someone else could be seen sooner, helping reduce non-attendance and waiting times
- you can add your appointment to your device calendar to get reminders
- your digital appointment letter and clinic information can be translated or listened to in multiple languages.
The Outpatient Portal is a quick and easy way to view your outpatient appointment without having to wait in a phone queue. However, if you do not wish to use this service, you do not have to tell us, and you will continue to receive your appointment letters by post.
How it works
- you will receive a text message to your smartphone with your appointment details. Click the link in the text message to take you through to the Outpatient Portal
- when you enter the Outpatient Portal, enter your date of birth and the unique four-digit PIN from the text message
- this will take you to the appointment details page, where you will be able to see the appointment date, as well as hospital and clinic information
- if you can't attend your appointment on the date or time specified, you can change your appointment. If you select this option, we will call you to arrange another date.
If you have any trouble using the Outpatient Portal, please contact the relevant department directly on one of the numbers below:
Royal Brompton Hospital:
- Appointments booking team - 0330 128 8011
- Pacing - 020 7351 8647
- Echo - 020 7351 8209
- Lung function - 020 7351 8910
- Nuclear medicine - 020 7351 8666
- CT scan - 020 7351 8220
- Appointments booking team - 01895 828 696
- Pacing - 01895 828 553
- Echo - 01895 828 586
- Sleep study appointments/CPAP collection appointments/service appointment bookings - 01895 826 510
- Lung function/CPAP technical/machine problems/replacement parts/masks - 01895 828 589
- Nuclear medicine - 01895 826 514
- X-ray / CT scan / MRI / ultrasound - 01895 828 582
- ECG - 01895 823 737 ext 5410
- Paediatric outpatients - 01895 828 573
- Transplant outpatients - 01895 828 663
- Woodlands pre-admission unit - 01895 828 827
- Pulmonary rehabilitation - 01895 828 851
Q: What happens if I still prefer to receive appointment letters by post?
A: You don't have to do a thing, and you'll continue to receive paper appointment letters by post.
Q: Can I opt out of the service at any time?
A: Yes, just call the relevant department on its numbers above, or speak to our reception staff, and they'll update your communication preferences.
Q: Can I still receive appointment letters by post as well as accessing them through the Outpatient Portal?
A: Once you've signed into the portal, you won't receive a paper copy of your appointment letter by post, but you will be able to download, email, or print a copy from your device.
Q: What happens if I choose to change my appointment?
A: If you decide to change your appointment date, we will contact you to rearrange your appointment. Please be aware that there may be a large gap between your old and new appointment.
Q: What if I don't own a smartphone?
A: You will still receive a text message with a link to your appointment letter, which you can type into a web browser or search engine on your desktop or tablet to access the Outpatient Portal.
Q: Will I be able to use the same link and 4-digit PIN to access all of my appointments?
A: No. You will be sent a new link and 4-digit PIN for each one of your appointments at Royal Brompton Hospital.
Q: Will I get a single text message for all of my appointments, including any tests I may have on the day?
A: At this time, you will get a text message for each appointment that is held in different departments. We're working to coordinate communications for all appointments that are held on the same day.
Q: Who do I contact if I experience any issues with the portal?
Please contact the appointments booking team on 0330 128 8011 (Royal Brompton Hospital) or 01895 828 696 (Harefield Hospital).