The chronic respiratory failure (CRF)/sleep research group includes the UK's largest centre for home ventilation and one of London's foremost research centres for sleep apnoea. The group oversees 10,500 patients with lung failure or sleep apnoea.
The research group is led by Professor Anita Simonds and Professor Mary Morrell.
- Developing an auto-titrating oxygen delivery system operated by mobile phone
- Developing a simple in-ear monitor to study sleep in detail (collaboration with Department of Electrical and Electronic Engineering at Imperial College London)
- Evaluating the role of new therapies in neuromuscular disorders
- Evaluating the outcome of long-term ventilatory support
- Assessing the role of continuous positive airway therapy in mild obstructive sleep apnoea
- Assessing the impact of sleep apnoea on brain function