The thoracic cancer research group is led by Mr Eric Lim and Professor Pallav Shah and includes surgeons, consultants, senior academics, research nurses and other research staff.
- Surgical outcomes and techniques in thoracic surgery and in pulmonary cryosurgery.
- Tumour profiling and biomarkers.
- Clinical lung cancer research including surgical evaluations, clinical trials and meta-analyses.
- Surgical treatment of sarcoma and COPD.
- Surgical metastasectomy.
- Early diagnosis and staging of lung cancer.