A one-day course for doctors of all levels keen to gain knowledge and skills on chest drain insertion and management.
Specific learning objectives:
- To understand the clinical guidelines for chest drain insertion
- To understand the indications for chest drain insertion
- To be able to insert a surgical and seldinger chest drain
- To recognise and manage chest drains and associated complications
- To practice interview techniques with feedback from consultants, registrars and current CMTs
Teaching & assessment methods:
- Interactive lectures
- Hands-on suturing practice
- Hands-on seldinger and surgical chest drain insertion practice
2 June 2023 - this event has now passed
9am to 1pm
Fees & registration
Maximum of 10 candidates
Clinical Skills & Simulation Centre, Royal Brompton Hospital
Who is this course for?
All-level doctors, including trainees in respiratory medicine, A&E, radiology and cardiothoracic surgery, and nurse practitioners.
For any queries you may have about the course, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.