Internal Medicine Training (IMT) course
A one-day interview preparation course for doctors applying to Internal Medicine Training.
- Clinical and educational supervisor development sessions
4 June, 17 September and 17 December 2020
This programme provides newly refreshed participatory learning workshops, mapped to the GMC accreditation standard and the HEE approved Professional Development Framework for Supervisors.
- The Royal Marsden Hospital Management course
The course is geared to encourage you to build skills and manage this complex new post and the people around you. Sessions are run by lead consultants and hospital managers.
- FEEL (focused echocardiography in emergency life support)
This is a one-day course with a mix of lectures and hands-on training to use echocardiography in emergency life support.
- Chest drain insertion course
This is a one-day course for doctors of all levels keen to gain knowledge and skills on chest drain insertion and management.
- Altered Airway Workshop Day on Safe Management of Airway stents, laryngectomy and tracheostomy patients
This one-day interactive course aims to address competency training of multidisciplinary teams caring for patients with tracheostomy, laryngectomy and thoracic airway stents.
- Team and resource for airway in critical care (TRACC)
This one-day intensive course blends interactive learning to promote and enhance performance of airway rescue teams through lectures, hands-on skill stations and immersive simulation.
- Harefield Cardio-Respiratory PACES course
This is an examination course dedicated to the cardio-respiratory cases of the MRCP(UK) PACES examination. It features highly selected cases to highlight specific clinical signs followed by feedback tailored to the candidate.
- Intermediate faculty development course
A two-day course for faculty who deliver teaching using interactive and simulation learning techniques. The course will provide both theoretical and practical knowledge in delivering simulation based learning.
- Level 1 Focused Echocardiography course
This is a one-day course designed specifically to cover the British Society of Echocardiography's new Level-1 accreditation.
- Clinical leadership course
This is a one-day course aimed at health staff members who are already or are about to go into leadership in emergency events.
- PICC and Midline insertion course
This is an all-day course for healthcare professionals keen to gain or improve skills in PICC and Midline insertion.
- Central venous catheter insertion course
A half-day course for trainee doctors keen to gain or improve skills in central venous catheter (CVC) insertion. Using high-fidelity simulation models we will teach a safe and systematic approach to CVC insertion.
- Tracheostomy care day
Hear from high-profile experts on the latest advances in tracheostomy care, and gain practical experience with hands-on skills-based training sessions.
- A practical introduction to Bronchoscopy
A one-day course providing both theoretical and hands-on teaching in basic bronchoscopy techniques, through interactive lectures and simulation teaching sessions.
- Introduction to simulation facilitation
A one-day practical and interactive workshop for all clinical staff interested in facilitating simulation training.
- Donation ABC - Awareness, Benevolence and Communication course
This one-day interactive course aims to focus on knowledge and skills around communication in the context of organ donation in ICM practice.
We run a variety of courses during the year, including:
- Basic Assessment and Support in Intensive Care (BASIC) course
- Bronchoscopy course
- CT cardiac course
- Epidural study day
- Focused Echocardiography in Emergency Life Support (FEEL) -UK course
- Generic instructor course
- Hospital management course
- Human factors training
- Oncological emergencies training
- Pleural ultrasound course
- Regional respiratory medicine training
- Respiratory medicine training
- SPRinT introductory facilitators team training course
- Team and Resource for Airway in Critical care (TRAAC) course
- Ventricular assist device (VAD) and extracorporeal membrane oxygenation (ECMO) simulation day
as well as resus courses such as:
- Advanced Life Support (ALS) courses
- Advanced Paediatric life Support (APLS) courses
- European Paediatric Advanced Life Support (EPALS) courses
- Immediate Life Support (ILS) courses and ILS course re-certification
- Paediatric Immediate Life Support (PILS) courses
If you would information about these resus courses, please contact Cassandra Baugh (resus department administrator).