Due to the Corona virus pandemic we are no longer able to hold the Echocardiography in Congenital Heart Disease course in June 2020. We plan to hold the course again on 7-10 June 2021
This one to four-day course is suitable for anyone concerned with the management of congenital heart disease in the infant, child and adult.
The course comprises lectures on echo-anatomic correlates of congenital heart malformations. There will also be sessions on specific malformations run in parallel with practical scanning at a basic level.
Participants have the option to attend specific days:
- day one (half-day) - introductory lectures for absolute beginners (limited places).
- days two and three - lecture based teaching.
- days two, three and four - includes hands-on scanning on day four (closed)
- days two OR three.
The final day of the course includes echocardiographic scanning of pathologies, under the guidance of experienced tutors (limited places for this day).
Please note that the hands-on scanning sessions are for right-hand scanners only.
The full programme is available here.
- Numerous echo images of a large spectrum of congenital heart conditions will be shown
- Cardiac specimens of many congenital heart lesions will be demonstrated
- Lectures by experts in congenital echocardiography (consultants and senior registrars)
- Scanning of patients, including those with congenital heart diseases (day three only).
Course material will be available for registered participants via password and you will be advised of this nearer the time.
- Topics covered will enable all participants to increase their knowledge of congenital echocardiography
- Candidates will increase hands-on experience of echocardiography in paediatrics
- Candidates will have increased confidence in reviewing congenital echocardiography images of a large range of pathology.
RCPCH APPROVAL APPLIED FOR.
EBAC CPD APPROVAL APPLIED FOR.
Who should attend?
- Paediatricians and trainees
- Paediatric echocardiography cardiology specialists (PECS)
- Paediatric cardiologists and trainees
- Neonatologists and trainees
- Adult cardiologists and trainees
- Adult congenital heart disease specialists and trainees
- Cardiac surgeons
- Cardiac anaesthetists
For more information, please contact:
Cardiac morphology team
Royal Brompton Hospital
London SW3 6NP
Tel: +44 (0)207 351 8361