A half-day course for trainee doctors keen to gain or improve skills in central venous catheter (CVC) insertion. Using high-fidelity simulation models we will teach a safe and systematic approach to CVC insertion.
- To understand the anatomy, indications, complications and aftercare related to CVC insertion
- To be able to insert a CVC using US guidance
Teaching & assessment methods:
- Interactive lectures
- Written materials
- Hands-on ultrasound practice on models and real-life volunteers
- Supervision & feedback from experienced faculty
- High-fidelity simulation models
Wednesday 5 April 2023
8am to 2pm
To book your place on the course, click here (please note: you will be directed to an external website to complete your booking)
The STaR Centre, Harefield Hospital, Hill End Road
Who is this course for?
Foundation, core and higher specialty trainees in medicine, surgery, anaesthetics and emergency medicine who want to practice and perfect CVC insertion.
Dr Francesca Caliandro, consultant anaesthetist