- Chair, UK's Women's Health Concern
- British Menopause Society
- European Society of Cardiology
- Faculty of Sports and Exercise Medicine
Dr John Stevenson is a consultant metabolic physician, based at Royal Brompton Hospital. He is also a Reader in Metabolic Medicine at the National Heart and Lung Insititute, Imperial College London.
Areas of expertise
Dr Stevenson specialises in:
- metabolic disorders
- coronary disease prevention
- bone disease and calcium metabolism
- general endocrinology
- general internal medicine.
Dr Stevenson's research interests include:
- metabolic diseases, such as:
- metabolic syndrome
- lipid disorders
- female coronary heart disease
- interrelation of cardiovascular disease risk factors and their modification by therapeutic means
- hormone replacement
- osteoporosis prevention
He also works collaboratively with educational institutions on projects, such as:
- Imperial College Healthcare - looking at the haemostatic effects of an ultra-low dose HRT
- University of Malta Medical School - intervertebral disc height impact on vertebral fracture.
Dr Stevenson has spoken at or chaired many international conferences across Europe and America. He has also spoken in:
He has given lectures and taught courses for the:
- International Menopause Society
- European Menopause and Andropause Society
- European Society of Cardiology.
Dr Stevenson has authored many books and papers on his specialisms, which have received acclaim from his peers in the community.
He works on a number of journals, including:
- Maturitas (editor)
- Osteoporosis International (editorial board)
- International Journal of Clinical Practice.
He is also on the International Scientific Committee of Revista Colombiana de Menopausia.
Private patient referral
If you would like to make an appointment with this specialist for private care, contact the RB&HH Specialist care team.