Each year Royal Brompton & Harefield NHS Foundation Trust produces a public report about the quality of our services. It is called a quality account and shows you the improvements we have made to our services in the past year as well as where and how we will improve our patient care in the coming year.
As the largest specialist heart and lung centre in the UK and one of the largest in Europe, excellence in patient care is very important to us. We are guided by a set of values and the first of these states: 'We Care: we believe our patients deserve the best possible specialist treatment for their heart and lung condition in a clean, safe place'.
To make sure patients experience the best possible care we review our services continuously to see where improvements can be made.
We publish each year's quality account on this website and on the NHS Choices website.
- Quality account 2018-2019 (PDF, 14MB)
- Quality account 2017-2018 (PDF, 1MB)
- Quality account 2016-2017 (PDF, 1.4MB)
- Quality account 2015-2016 (PDF, 1.2MB)
- Quality account 2014-2015 (PDF, 1.5MB)
- Quality account 2013-2014 (PDF, 875KB)
- Quality account 2012-2013 (PDF, 1.1MB)
- Quality account 2011-2012 (PDF, 1.9MB)
- Quality account 2010-2011 (PDF, 870KB)
- Quality account 2009-2010 (PDF, 605KB)
Background to quality accounts
High Quality Care for All (2008) proposed that all providers of NHS healthcare services should produce a quality account: an annual report to the public about the quality of services delivered.
The Health Act 2009 made this a statutory requirement and quality accounts were introduced in 2010.
If you have any queries regarding our quality account, please email: Alex Weller, head of quality and safety.