Ms Rashmi Yadav completed her cardiac surgical training in the North West Thames Deanery (2004-2011). She worked as a specialist registrar at various hospitals, including Heart Hospital (now known as University College Hospital at Westmoreland Street), St George's, Hammersmith and Royal Brompton and Harefield hospitals. In 2008, she completed the Fellowship of the Royal College of Surgeons (FRCS)(CTh), registering on the cardiothoracic surgery specialist register.
As part of her training, Ms Yadav completed a fellowship at the Robert-Bosch-Krankenhaus in Stuttgart, Germany. This was under Professor Ulrich Franke, specialising in minimally invasive cardiac surgery. She also has a PhD from Imperial College London.
After her training, she was a locum consultant at Royal Brompton from October 2011 to March 2013. In April 2013, she became a permanent consultant at Royal Brompton Hospital.
Areas of expertise
Ms Yadav is an adult cardiac surgeon at Royal Brompton Hospital. Her areas of expertise include:
- minimally invasive coronary artery bypass (CABG) surgery
- endoscopic atraumatic coronary artery bypass (EndoACAB) surgery - this is the only programme of its kind in the UK
- total arterial sequential grafting, using bilateral internal mammary artery (IMA) and endoscopic conduit harvesting
- minimally invasive atrial fibrillation (AF) ablation
- mitral valve surgery and repair
- transcatheter therapy
- total arterial revascularisation for left internal mammary artery (LIMA), right internal mammary artery (RIMA Y) and sequential grafts
- endoscopic CABG surgery
- endoscopic vein and radial artery harvesting
- thorascopic AF ablation
- transcatheter valve therapy (aortic and mitral).
Ms Yadav is currently involved in a research programme comparing endoscopic surgical with catheter-based ablation for AF.
Her other research interests include:
hybrid coronary revascularisation
endoscopic conduit harvest
prevention of surgical site infection in high-risk CABG patients
systemic inflammatory response after cardiac surgery.
Ms Yadav has a keen interest in leadership, human motivation and emotional intelligence at work. She is interested in its impact on team working, work culture and patient experience and safety.
She also mentors students who show an interest in a career in medicine.
Current memberships of national and international bodies
Ms Yadav is a member of:
- Society for Cardiothoracic Surgery (SCTS)
- European Association for Cardiothoracic Surgery (EACTS)
- International Society for Minimally Invasive Cardiothoracic Surgery (ISMICS)
- Society of Thoracic Surgeons (STS).
She is part of the programme committee for ISMICS, and the adult cardiac group for EACTS. She has a big role in planning and contributing to these international societies' annual meetings.
Ms Yadav has also been an invited speaker at national and international meetings.
Private patient referral
If you would like to make an appointment with this specialist for private care, contact the RB&HH Specialist care team.