Mr Cesare Quarto trained as a cardiac surgeon at University of Naples, Italy where he graduated with honours.
In 2007, he moved to London from Monaldi Hospital, Italy to extend his experience in aortic and general cardiac surgery, working with world-renowned cardiac surgeons at Royal Brompton Hospital.
He was appointed as a consultant at the Trust in April 2013.
- Doctor of Philosophy (PhD), Aortic Disease, University of Naples
- Diploma, Cardiac Surgery, Honours, University of Naples
- Doctor of Medicine (MD), Bachelor of Medicine and Surgery, Honours, University of Naples
Areas of expertise
Mr Quarto is a consultant in cardiac surgery with experience in all areas of cardiac surgery, including some of the most complex aortic surgery.
His clinical expertise includes:
- Surgery of the aortic root – including valve sparing
- Surgery of the aortic arch
- Surgery of the thoracic descending aorta
- Coronary artery bypass surgery (on- and off-pump without manipulation of the ascending aorta and using composite arterial grafts).
Research and publications
Mr Quarto has published a significant number of research papers on:
- the histology of principal conduits used in coronary artery bypass
- arterial remodeling after surgical injury
- ascending aortic dilatation in association with the bicuspid aortic valve
- myocardial fibrosis associated with aortic stenosis.
Mr Quarto has an extensive list of his published papers on Pubmed
Private patient referral
If you would like to make an appointment with this specialist for private care, contact the RB&HH Specialist care team.