Dr Tushar Salukhe studied at Imperial College London, obtaining a first class degree in medical science in 1995, and then in 1998 qualified in medicine with distinctions. After training in internal medicine and getting his membership to the Royal College of Physicians (MRCP), Dr Salukhe won funding from the British Heart Foundation (BHF) to pursue his doctorate in pacing therapies for heart failure at the National Heart and Lung Institute.
In 2008, he obtained his MD, and he continued researching as a fundamental aspect to his training. His specialist training included cardiology and electrophysiology at prominent centres, such as Royal Brompton, Hammersmith and St Mary's hospitals in London.
In his penultimate year of training, Dr Salukhe spent time at the renowned Universitätsklinikum Hamburg-Eppendorf, Germany, on an advanced research programme. This was also BHF-funded, based on a research programme designed and written by Dr Salukhe.
Areas of expertise
Dr Salukhe is a consultant cardiologist at Royal Brompton and Harefield hospitals. His areas of expertise includes:
- care and treatment of patients with cardiac arrhythmias
- advanced mapping and ablation
- implantation of complex cardiac devices
- implantation of defibrillators and biventricular pacemakers
- ablation of atrial arrhythmia, in particular atrial fibrillation
- care and treatment of patients with vasovagel syncope (fainting or transient loss of conciousness)
- cardiac electrophysiology.
As well as clinical electrophysiology, Dr Salukhe leads the syncope service and non-invasive ECG monitoring at the Trust. He is also an honorary senior lecturer at the National Heart and Lung Institute, Imperial College London.
Dr Salukhe organises several training day programmes at the Royal Society of Medicine. His academic interests are:
- ablation endpoints for ablation of atrial fibrillation
- novel treatment for vasovagel syncope.
A full list of his publications is available on PubMed.
Private patient referral
If you would like to make an appointment with this specialist for private care, contact the RB&HH Specialist care team.