Dr Tom Wong studied at the University of Aberdeen and completed his cardiology training at the Trust. He was awarded 'People of the Year' by the Association for Disability and Rehabilitation in 1995, and a 'Young Investigator Award' from Heart Rhythm UK in 2005.
In 2010, Dr Wong became the clinical director of cardiac catheterisation laboratories at Royal Brompton Hospital.
Areas of expertise
Dr Wong is a consultant cardiologist and electrophysiologist at the Trust. He is an honorary senior lecturer at the National Heart and Lung Institute, Imperial College London. He is also the Trust's chair of the arrhythmia care group.
His expertise is in interventional therapy treating arrhythmia management. This includes:
- catheter ablation
- device implantation
- device management.
Dr Wong's research interests include:
- interventional treatment of complex cardiac arrhythmia
- treating atrial fibrillation and arrhythmia in patients with heart failure and congenital heart disease.
Dr Wong has featured in many publications including:
- Journal of the American College of Cardiology
- European Heart Journal
- Circulation Arrhythmia and Electrophysiology
- Heart Rhythm Journal
- Journal of Interventional Cardiac Electrophysiology
He has also written many book chapters and articles.
Private patient referral
If you would like to make an appointment with this specialist for private care, contact the RB&HH Specialist care team.