- British Cardiovascular Society
- International data safety monitoring boards for development of new cardiovascular drugs
- National Institute for Clinical Excellence - Expert panel developing clinical guidelines for pre-operative testing
- Cardiovascular Disease Pathways Working Group, Royal College of Physicians
Dr Sam Kaddoura trained at Oxford University Medical School, London University and in the USA, and holds a PhD in cardiovascular research. He received extensive clinical training in cardiology and was appointed consultant cardiologist at Royal Brompton Hospital 15 years ago. He has also been cardiology clinical lead at Chelsea and Westminster Hospital for most of that time.
Areas of expertise
Dr Kaddoura specialises in all aspects of general adult cardiology and in particular echocardiography (echo), which he is known for internationally.
Echocardiography is such a powerful diagnostic technique in cardiology. It gives a great deal of important information about the anatomy and function of the heart in a safe, painless and non-invasive way. Echo is an essential investigation for many individuals, such as those with heart mumurs or breathlessness.
Dr Kaddoura has received fellowships from the:
- Royal College of Physicians
- European Society of Cardiology
- American College of Cardiology
Dr Kaddoura has been published numerous times in international journals such as:
- The Lancet
- New England Journal of Medicine.
He has been an associate editor for the European Heart Journal, and a university examiner and educational supervisor for medical students and doctors. He has also written several medical textbooks.
As well as being a recognised expert in performing echo, Dr Kaddoura wrote the book 'Echo Made Easy' (2nd edition 2009), which has become an international bestseller. This book is the recognised essential training manual for doctors, medical students and paramedics and has been translated into Chinese, Turkish, Spanish, Portuguese and Polish.
Private patient referral
If you would like to make an appointment with this specialist for private care, contact the RB&HH Specialist care team.