Dr Abhishek Narayanan qualified in paediatrics in India, and also achieved his MD in Paediatrics and a two-year Fellowship in Paediatric Intensive Care.
After moving to the UK, he worked as a Senior Fellow in various PICUs across London including St Mary's Hospital, Children's Acute Transport Service, Great Ormond Street Hospital and finally at Royal Brompton Hospital. He joined Royal Brompton Hospital in March 2017 as a locum consultant, and in February 2018 he was appointed as a substantive consultant for the PICU.
Dr Narayanan is a paediatric consultant based at Royal Brompton Hospital. His clinical expertise includes:
- neuro-intensive care
- paediatric cardiac intensive care
His special interests include:
- managing children on mechanical circulatory support
- extra-corporeal membrane oxygenation (ECMO)
- single ventricle physiology
- neuro-intensive care aspects in paediatric cardiac and respiratory cases.