New measures have been put in place at our hospitals for patients who are coming in for an appointment, test or procedure.
- Appointments are staggered to ensure social distancing is maintained
- Chairs in waiting rooms are spaced two metres apart and we have a limited number of people in these areas at any one time
- Staff are required to wear appropriate personal protective equipment (PPE) in line with government guidelines
- All patients will go through a pre-screening Covid-19 questionnaire with a clinical nurse specialist to identify any symptoms before coming into our hospitals
- All patients are required to wear a face covering while in our buildings, and sanitise their hands on arrival
This video explains these, and other measures, in more detail. You will hear from Lucy Everett, matron and lead nurse in infection control, Paul Lidgate, senior nurse and matron, and Itayi Chinehasha, senior staff nurse, who talk you through what to expect during your visit.