Our two locations, at Royal Brompton Hospital in the heart of London and in the quiet town of Harefield, offer the best of both worlds in terms of atmosphere and lifestyle.
- interest-free travel loan
- subsidised hospital accommodation
- starter home initiative: the initiative’s aim is to provide an opportunity for NHS employees to buy their own homes in areas where property prices are high; it provides either an interest-free loan, equity loan or shared ownership loan
- £1000 loan for staff who chose to move out of Trust accommodation
- subsidised meals at on-site restaurants
- subsidised day nurseries for children aged up to five years
- generous pension scheme – to enhance your own contribution (ranging from five to 13.5 percent), the employer also contributes 14.3 percent
- flexible working including self-rostering, part-time, term-time, annualised hours, job share and career breaks
- staff library: Royal Brompton has library facilities housing 300 primary clinical and research medical journals and providing an audiovisual service; this is available in the National Heart and Lung Institute adjacent to Royal Brompton Hospital - membership offers access to the Imperial College Library nearby at Chelsea
Harefield: on-site library forming part of the Mount Vernon network; this offers a range of heart and lung material and access to a wider network - excellent online research facilities are in place with internet access
- occupational health: we will give you a checkup when you join us, and you can also take advantage of counselling, stress management, relaxation classes, therapeutic massage, osteopathy and holiday vaccination services should you need them.