This is a two-day intensive course, run as a joint initiative by the Royal Brompton Hospital and the PECSIG organisation, to help candidates planning to prepare for the EACVI European Congenital Echocardiography accreditation.
This course will cover written theory MCQs and a large number of paediatric and adult congenital echocardiography images will be shown. The first day will include a general introduction to the exam including advice on preparation of the required logbook. The second day will include a mock examination (candidates can mark their own papers if they wish as this is intended to be a learning opportunity and not a stressful event).
View the draft programme of the course (doc, 55KB)
Lunch and refreshments will be provided.
2020 course cancelled, next course TBC
- £400 for consultants
- £350 for consultant PECSIG members
- £325 for trainees and technicians
- £200 for RBHT registrars
These prices include a course dinner on 4 November 2019.
RCPCH points applied for
Please note: your place on this course is not guaranteed until your payment has been successfully received.
Deadline for registrations: 18 October 2019
- Large bank of written MCQs will be used.
- Numerous echo images of a large spectrum of congenital heart conditions will be shown.
- Lectures by previous successful candidates and experts in congenital echocardiography (Consultants & senior registrars).
- Topics covered will enable all participants to increase their knowledge of the physics of echocardiography.
- Candidates will have increased confidence in reviewing congenital echocardiography images of a large range of pathology including rare cases.
- All candidates will achieve a greater understanding of how to approach the exam.
Who is the course for?
- Paediatric cardiologists and trainees
- Neonatologists with interest in echocardiography
- Adult cardiologists and trainees
- Adult congenital heart disease specialists and trainees
Course materials will be made available to attendees nearer to the time.
Cancellation must be received in writing one calendar month before the course date and will be subjected to an administration charge of £50. Cancellations received within one month of the course will not be accepted and attendee will be liable for full course fee.
The organiser cannot accept liability for costs incurred in the event of a course having to be cancelled as a result of circumstances beyond its reasonable control.
The organisers reserve the right to alter the programme without notice and to refuse any registration.
We cannot confirm places on this course until payment has been received in full.
Please do not make any travel arrangements until written booking confirmation is received.
For more information, email Maria Karayianni