The Clinical Trials and Evaluation Unit (CTEU) is the dedicated clinical trials unit of the Royal Brompton and Harefield NHS Foundation Trust (RB&HFT).
CTEU was established in 1996 to address important clinical questions in cardiovascular and respiratory diseases. As a dedicated academic and applied clinical research group, our primary responsibility is the design, implementation and reporting of single-centre and multi-centre clinical trials.
CTEU has close links with the National Heart and Lung Institute (NHLI) of Imperial College London. Together, the Trust and the Institute form one of the largest organisations in Europe specialising in cardiovascular and respiratory medicine.
Our work involves:
- Identifying important clinical questions through discussion with academic colleagues and industry partners
- Designing appropriate studies
- Obtaining research funds through grant applications or industry support
- Clinical trial co-ordination & management
- Training investigators in collaborating hospitals
- Collecting and analyzing data
- Presenting and publishing study results