What to bring
Whatever your length of stay, please bring all of your tablets, in their original packets, with you to the ward. Please ensure you have an adequate supply for your stay.
If your planned stay is a day or longer, you should bring with you:
- a copy of your current insurance certificate or insurance card, to allow us to liaise directly with your insurance company
- the name, address and phone number of your own doctor or GP
- nightclothes, a dressing gown and slippers
- comfortable clothing such as a tracksuit
- wash bag with washing and shaving materials
- any magazines or books you would like to read
- your personal stereo and headphones if you would like to listen to music
Towels will be provided, and shaver points are available for electric razors.
All valuables including credit cards should be left at home as the hospital cannot assume responsibility for them. A small amount of money will be useful for newspapers and so on. Essential valuables can be kept by arrangement with the nurses.
These must not be used in the hospital building or its rooms since they may interfere with vital medical equipment. Phones may be used outside in the car park.