Dr Tuan-Chen Aw is a consultant anaesthetist at Royal Brompton and Harefield NHS Foundation Trust.
Education and training
Dr Aw graduated in 1996 at the Royal London Hospital School of Medicine. He was awarded a paediatric anaesthetic fellowship position at Great Ormond Street Hospital from 2002 to 2003.
He then undertook an adult cardiothoracic fellowship at Royal Prince Alfred Hospital (RPAH), Sydney, Australia from 2004 to 2005.
He achieved his CCT in anaesthetics at the Imperial School of Anaesthesia, September 2005.
Areas of expertise
Dr Aw’s expertise in anaesthetics for surgery includes:
- Paediatric anaesthesia
- Adult congenital heart disease (ACHD) anaesthesia
- Periprocedural transoesophageal echocardiography (TOE) and transthoracic echocardiography (TTE)
Dr Aw’s clinical interests include:
- Anaesthesia for patients with pulmonary hypertension
- Thoracic anaesthesia
- Real-time US techniques for vascular access
- Practical medical perfusion experience, including extracorporeal membrane oxygenation (ECMO)
- Education and service development of paediatric cardiac anaesthesia and intensive care in developing countries.