Areas of expertise
- Paediatric anaesthesia
- Adult congenital heart disease (ACHD) anaesthesia
- Periprocedural transoesophageal echocardiography (TOE) and transthoracic echocardiography (TTE)
- Anaesthesia for patients with pulmonary hypertension
- Thoracic anaesthesia
- Real-time US techniques for vascular access
- Practical medical perfusion experience, including ECMO
- Education and service development of paediatric cardiac anaesthesia and intensive care in developing countries
Education and training
Dr Aw graduated from the Royal London Hospital School of Medicine in 1996. He was awarded a paediatric anaesthetic fellowship from Great Ormond Street Hospital (2002 to 2003) and adult cardiothoracic fellowship from Royal Prince Alfred Hospital (RPAH), Sydney, Australia (2004 to 2005).
He achieved his CCT in anaesthetics at the Imperial School of Anaesthesia, September 2005.