Tuesday 14, Wednesday 15 and Thursday 16 June 2016
The Royal Marsden Education and Conference Centre
Get directions to the conference
- Day one only (Tuesday 14 June): £190
- Day two only (Wednesday 15 June): £190
- Days one and two (Tuesday 14 and Wednesday 15 June): £380
- Full course – days one, two and three ( 14, 15 and 16 June): £595 Places are limited on day three
Lunch and refreshments will be provided
This three-day course is suitable for anyone concerned with the management of congenital heart disease in the infant, child and adult.
Participants can attend separate days:
day one only involves lectures
day two only involves lectures
days one and two are lectures
days one, two and three include lectures and hands-on scanning.
The course comprises lectures on echo-anatomic correlates of congenital heart malformations. There will also be sessions on specific malformations run in parallel with practical scanning at a basic level.
The third day of the course includes echocardiographic scanning of pathologies, under the guidance of experienced tutors.
Download a copy of the provisional timetable
Please note that the hands-on scanning sessions are for right hand scanners only.
- Numerous echo images of a large spectrum of congenital heart conditions will be shown
- Cardiac specimens of many congenital heart lesions will be demonstrated
- Lectures by experts in congenital echocardiography (consultants and senior registrars)
- Scanning of patients, including those with congenital heart diseases (day three only)
- Topics covered will enable all participants to increase their knowledge of congenital echocardiography
- Candidates will increase hands-on experience of echocardiography in paediatrics
- Candidates will have increased confidence in reviewing congenital echocardiography images of a large range of pathology
Who should attend?
- Paediatricians and trainees
- Paediatric echocardiography cardiology specialists (PECS)
- Paediatric cardiologists and trainees
- Neonatologists and trainees
- Adult cardiologists and trainees
- Adult congenital heart disease specialists and trainees
- Cardiac surgeons
- Cardiac anaesthetists
Dr Nitha Naqvi
Dr Michael Rigby
Dr Karen McCarthy
Professor S Yen Ho
Please note that your place is not guaranteed until payment has been received):
Cancellation must be received in writing one calendar month before the course date and will be subjected to an administration charge of £50.
Cancellations received within one month of the course will not be accepted and attendee will be liable for full course fee.
The organiser cannot accept liability for costs incurred in the event of a course having to be cancelled as a result of circumstance beyond its reasonable control.
Further course information is available for registered participants via a password-protected site. To access this please click here.